Scenario 1:

"Hey Ling Xiang,how much did you get for O levels?"


"Ummm not too bad,just hope can get into VJ."

"How many points?"

"Just average lah,not that good."

"But how many points?"




Somehow I feel like ripping these people's throat off.You jolly well know that I do not wish to disclose my results and yet you keep probing,sticking your butt into my academic results.I mean,at least be nice enough to start the conversation with a word of concern?Like "How are you feeling?" or "How are you?" I've just recovered from a fever and still recuperating from throat inflammation,and I've already been bombarded a few times,be it friends or relatives.

Hoho and CNY's coming,worse still.Those paternal auties of mine will flock to me like ravens.I'm glad I did better than the norm in the Loh family,if not,hoho! They'll act all sympathetic,"Oh never mind lah,just do your best in JC.Last time _____(cousin) also didn't do that well."

Right.

The only thing I can look forward to are those small red packets stuffed with notes. I can't even binge on goodies now,given my throat which hurts to the core even when I swallow saliva.The best part is counting the money with my sister.Sometimes the older ones will forget they've given you,and they'll give you again.Well if they're the nice aunties/uncles,we'll return them back.If not,thank you so much for giving two!And this year,sis and I have come out with this ingenious plan.Those who purposely do not wish to give red packets,we'll walk to them and wish them Happy New Year loudly.That way in front of all our relatives they'll be forced to cough out their red packets.Evil,but tis the season of recession yeah?We need moolah to survive too.




Okey dokey off I go to Parkway for another round of CNY shopping.Alot of people have been criticising about my pants(With much concern from Rachelle).Always the same kind.Gona hunt for nicer ones later.Off I go whee ~~

i said my pieceThursday, January 22, 2009 at 11:19 AM