Sometimes I don't understand why I'm his son. After visiting Uncle at Jurong who suffered from a stroke (He's making really good progress,he can even walk and hold his own things now!), his highness started lecturing Sis and I on almost every aspect of filial piety. As always,he'll have this gift to link almost everything together,so he eventually linked to the part on praising how he always do good deeds,even by hiring workers. Mum looked out of the window,Sis turned away and I started to play Tap Tap. But then he kept praising himself so much that the 3 of us couldn't withstand it anymore. So the four of us were debating on whether hiring workers was considered a good deed. Sis and I kept putting our points across to him,but he'll always forget to process what his kids say. So he continued with his irrelevant point of argument and we just gave up. Luckily mum,being a staunch buddhist,rebutted him.
"你做善事的定义是错的,善事对自己是没有利益的。对你聘请工人是好事,但是你得到的是福报,而真正做善事会得到是公德。”
THAT IS SO CHIM,BUT I LOVE YOU MUM! That shut him up immediately. Sis and I were laughing and clapping silently behind. So yeah lessons learnt? Always rebut with definitions when you're debating against someone who digresses ALOT and has irrelevant points of argument but just wants to say it out just because he's the breadwinner of the house and has the most authority. Well at least PW has taught me something,that is to consolidate all the lessons learnt from different aspects. AND ALWAYS ASSUME THE PERSON IS DUMB. So true so true.
Speaking of PW,YES powerpoint slides for Oral Presentation are almost done!Now it's rehearsal and more more rehearsal. Yes yes yes the final lap,c'mon let's all shine with brilliance! And no rotting aura is gona bring me down :D